Thursday, October 25, 2007

Progress Report

Progressing nicely on the current project, I must say. Once I got to the end of the first act, I went back and started cutting until it was where I wanted it to be, at least thus far in the process. Working into the second act now. I can tell I'm on my game when the script starts moving on its own, when I look down and discover I've just coursed through four or five pages. A funny thing happened as I was writing a scene and referred to an unplanned character; I've decided to add him into the mix as a source of conflict between the two newlyweds and he'll join forces with an existing conflict character (one I was thinking wouldn't fit in the third act) later on. I've got enough planned that I write loosely enough to do something like that, it's a good place to be in.

No comments: