Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Pitch: Jack Bauer Chases 11 Teams Around The World

I'm stoked this week as there are updates on two of my TV favorites. With the quick death of Viva Laughlin (two episodes over four days and gone), CBS has filled the gap with arguably one of their top five shows, The Amazing Race. 11 new teams were introduced yesterday and the new season starts Sunday, November 4th. I could do without scheduling after football, I always seemed to have timeshifting problems recording the Race during past football seasons, but I'll take the Race where I can get it.

The other favorite is 24, and I'll just cop upfront to enjoying last season, although not as much at the end as I did at the beginning. Seeing that bomb go off at the end of the fourth hour took the show off the hook, but by the end the only source of stability turned out to be the very much unstable Jack Bauer as every character from the President on down crapped their pants at least once. They look to have wiped the slate with this new season, CTU is gone although Jack appears to be back working for the government again somehow. New characters and brief glimpses of a couple of old ones and one stupifying comeback for a character we all thought was dead. Here's the trailer:

Edit: In light of the WGA strike and the Fox decision to hold the season premiere until production starts again, Fox has taken the trailer offline.

No comments: